IT''S A BOY! Parker Kenneth Jenkins born Monday October 25, 2010 at 4:36 pm. He weighed 6 pounds 10 ounces and is 19 1/2 inches long. Chest and head both 13 inches. Heart rate 120, great muscle tone, strong reflexes,very alert and active after birth.
My Labor: I woke up Sunday morning at around 8 am to get ready for church and lost my mucus plug. At or around 11:15 my water broke. I wasn't 100 % sure if it had broken because it was just a small leak. My friend Amanda was the one who convinced me that it had broken. Once I decided to believe her she came home with me and helped me pack a bag to take to birthing center since I never did that. At this point I was still having a hard time believing I was in labor 2 1/2 weeks before my due date. I didn't call my midwife to tell her my water had broken until about 1:00 and she did confirm that yes my water had broken. At that point she advised me to buy hipicleanse to keep myself clean to avoid infection and to get rest. Getting rest was the last thing I could do knowing that I was in the early stages of labor. I ended up going to Walmart and picking up a few last minute things I needed before the baby arrived. At this point only my friend Amanda and Alycia knew my water had broken. We had a family dinner planned that day and decided since I wasn't in active labor that we not tell anyone. Sorry everyone for not telling. We went to the family dinner and enjoyed some lasagna and than I left to come home to get some rest. I was extremely tired at that point so I laid down to get some rest. I only slept for an hour and woke up wide awake. I even took 2 Tylenol pm and it did nothing. When I woke up my contractions were very mild and felt like a light stomach ache. They picked up as the night progressed and were all over the place varying from 5-15 minutes apart lasting from 20-40 seconds. At around 2:30 they really picked up and were 5 minutes apart lasting about 35 seconds for 1 1/2 hrs.. I was trying to wait to call Donnellynn (my midwife) until they were a minute long lasting 5 minutes. I was feeling cold, shaky and nauseous so sent her a text to let her know and I got in the shower. She called and spoke to Blake and reassured him everything I was going through was normal. Since I was feeling that way she felt it was about time to go to the birthing center. Once she passed Watauga she called us to let us know we could head out. We arrived at the birthing center at 4:30 am Monday morning. She checked me and I was dilated to a 4 and two hours later I was a 6. My labor progressed very quickly in the beginning. I did the best I could to sleep between contractions until about lunch time when they started in my back. I got in the jacuzzi tub around 1 or so and stayed in for about 2 hours. I got out to take a break and get adjusted and got back in and I couldn't really relax anymore. I was dilated a that point to a 9 and stayed at a 9 for a few hours. I tried to push through contractions to help me go from 9 to 10, but for some reason I wasn't able to make myself push. Donnellynn said that she thinks I was just scared. I got out of the water for the last time and she asked if I wanted to try to get some sleep or just push our way to 10 cm. I was so tired at that point I just wanted to hurry and have my baby boy. I got in bed and we waited for a contraction so I could push. My first one came and they coached me through on how to push. They told me take a deep breath and hold it in and push and when I was done take another deep breath and push my heart out. I didn't feel like anything had changed but Donnellynn was there reassuring me the baby had moved we made progress. I got a 5 minute break in between contractions which was really nice since I was so tired. Next two sets of contractions I had pushed the baby almost to crowning position. Next push the baby was officially crowning...I know understand the ring of fire. I was trying my best not to scream but it was the worst pain ever...sorry to scare anyone. I was having a hard time relaxing with the pain and to help me get more oxygen to Parker they had to give me oxygen. I may of only pushed one or two more time and his head was born then the final push...whoosh out came Parker. That was the best feeling ever. I was still in shock that I had actually just had a baby naturally and survived! Blake and I were both crying we were so happy! Well Blake was actually crying from earlier but he thought I didn't know. Later he said he was crying because it hurt him to see me in so much pain. The pain was worth the reward! I love Parker so much I can't explain it, any mom out there can agree.
After the umbilical cord stopped pulsating and I delivered my placenta, Blake cut the umbilical cord. I was then officially not pregnant anymore! My pregnancy was super easy and it was fun at times to have a big belly, but I am happy not to have to carry the extra weight around.
I may have left out somethings about my delivery but its hard to remember every little detail. It has taken me three days to finish writing this post. I don't have any free time anymore, changing diapers and feeding him alone make up most of my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment