Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday Parker!

My baby boy has turned 3. I have mixed feelings about him being three. I am happy he is getting bigger we have so much fun doing big boy stuff, but at the same time, time just keeps flying by so fast that he will be in school before I know it and my time with him will be over.

On his actual birthday, Blake had to take a class to get some training done. I had the whole morning with Parker. We started off our day with birthday pancakes. I had candles so I placed three candles on the three mini pancakes I made him. He loved getting to blow them out and me singing to him right when he woke up! He usually isn't a morning person, but greet him with food and a song and that changes! We then went to the park for a play date with some friends from our new and old ward. After the park I had to run to Sams club to buy some things for his birthday party, but followed that boring trip up with a lunch date at chick Fila with his best buddy Wyatt. When Blake finally got home from work, he carved a pumpkin with parker while I cooked dinner and made a pizookie. A pizookie is the best thing ever, a cookie pie. It was delicious, and I don't think parker understood just how AWESOME it was! Just typing about it makes me want one again.
 

 
Saturday we had his birthday party at our home. We had a bounce house for all the kids to play on. I think all the kids came out crying at least once but they would hope back in. His party was crazy but fun to say the least! We really need to work on our guest list and invite less people, but we just have so many friends and loved ones its hard to choose! We are very thankful everyone was able to celebrate with us and for all the goodies they bought Parker.


 
he was so funny opening all his presents! thanks for the gifts everyone!
 Parker has grown to be such a smart boy, and we are very proud parents. He is 100% potty trained during the day. We have yet to conquer night training so he still wears a diaper. He doesn't wake up every morning wet so I think eventually he will get the hang of it. he still wakes up in the middle of the night and climbs into our bed, yes its a pain at times but most nights I don't even wake up when he gets in. If I was loosing sleep because of him, I would probably try harder to break this habit. I would probably work on it if I wasn't pregnant and needed all the sleep I could get too. I know this wont last forever so I am just going to enjoy having him close and enjoy that he needs us!
 
 
He still loves to read and color. He has a new love for cutting paper, which is messy. He is into super heroes, especially Spiderman. He loves to play with his friends, especially when he can wrestle, play chase, or dig in the dirt. He has gotten really good at riding his scooter and is loves being outside in general.

 
He always says the funniest things and I really wish I could remember them all. What I can remember... Blake told him "I think you need to go potty", parker replies "I don't think so". Blake was singing an old song "you drive me crazy, crazy, crazy just thinking about you baby" and Parker said "don't sing that, your driving me nuts"! I may have told him he was driving me nuts and that's where he learned it! oops!
 
I love this kid more than anything in the world. I am very excited that our family is growing but I think I am going to miss it just being me and Parker. I bet once Jenna gets here we will have double the fun!

Enjoy some pictures from the month of October!









 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: