Tuesday, December 27, 2011

14 Months

 
Wow this month has flown right  by. I can't believe Parker is already 14 months old, and has a big attitude! Gee I wonder who he got that from. Whats in the air?... we have a spoiled cute kid on our hands. I think he is definitely pushing my buttons to see how much he can get away with. He is going through two stages at once and they contradict each other. One stage is he only wants to be able to crawl/walk wherever and the other stage is he only wants to be held. He mostly wants to be held at home, which means its hard to get anything done. At church, sacrament has been tough. He wants to crawl under the pews and walk to the other kids. It wouldn't be so bad except for when we go get him he starts screaming and arching his back. Someone at church told Blake that from about 13 months to about 18 months is the hardest, since they just don't understand that they have to sit still. I have four more months of this...let the count down begin!

I just made him sound like a rotten child and hes not! He is super cuddly and sweet too! He loves giving me hugs and kisses. Occasionally he will give daddy hugs and kisses but he mostly saves them for me or the Newman kids! he he





His battle with walking is still going strong, some days he does better and can walk along time before falling over. He seems to walk better when we are at indoor play grounds or at stores. he needs something to encourage him, and everything at home is only crawl worthy! I read something the other day that said they look like a drunken sailor, I couldn't have explained it better.

He loves to talk and I have tried to get it on camera so you can hear how sweet he sounds but he's camera shy. He can say, what is that, I want some, and read it. Yeah those are full sentences, but he thinks they are just one word. I don't brag that he can say full sentences but right now I am! He just started the read it last week. He loves to read and would have me read to him all day if I really wanted to. I think I read to him a total of 2 hours a day, seriously maybe even longer. He actually picks up a book and hands it or throws it at me and says "read it". I love to read so I like that he like to too, I just can't wait until he can read to me instead!


He loves making sounds. When he sees a lion he says "ROAR", and makes monkey sounds, sometimes quacks and barks. For Christmas I read a Christmas book to him almost every night so he would kind of have an idea of what was going on. every time we said "Santa" we would follow with "HO HO HO". He started doing that if I said Santa, very cute!

He is doing so many fun things now that this post could go on forever if I could remember all the silly things he does. I am just so thankful that I get to stay home with him and enjoy every minute with him and not miss anything. I love being his mommy and I am glad I can give him my full attention!

No comments: