Thursday, September 17, 2015

September!

September is here and fall is near!

Jenna turned 20 months a week ago!
She is still the same spunky little girl she was last month. 

Parker started up his 3rd season of soccer. He is doing great this year. I can't wait to see how he is at the end of the season. Next season if he plays he will be with the 5-6 year olds. I wonder if he can hang. We are thinking about giving baseball a try. I guess we will se what Parker wants to play!

Parker also started his 3rd year of preschool with the co-op with some other kids from church. This year most of the kids started kindergarten so we have a small group of 4. Last year it was all boys and this year we have two girls and two boys. This week was his first week. He goes Mondays and Wednesdays, so far he seems to be enjoying it! At home we have started to work out of a book call "teach your kids to read in 100 easy lessons". It basically starts out with a few letter sounds and then turns into blending them into words. He is doing surprisingly well. We only work on it when he wants to, I don't want to force it on him. I want him to enjoy learning. It also has them practice writing the letters they are learning. That is his favorite part of doing our "school work". I think he is going to have neat handwriting. If his handwriting is anything like his coloring it will be!

I joined a MOPS group this year. It stands for moms with preschoolers. My friend Kristen introduced me to it. I was all about it because for 2 hours I get to hangout with other moms, adults! We eat breakfast together, have a guest speaker, or do a craft. So far I am enjoying it. Its nice to make new friends and have a support group of mom who are just like me!

This past month has been a bit nerve wrecking for Police Officers. So sending Blake off to work tugs at our hearts a little more than it should. Blake is great at what he does is stays pretty alert, we just pray that heavenly father keeps him safe and brings him home to us every night. That's our prayer for All police officers! His corporal loves him and is always bragging about how great of an officer he is. He goes to work and does his job, but its still nice that someone notices! He is eligible to start testing to promote to detective soon. Once we know what book he needs to study he plans to hit the books. It is a hard test since they don't give you any study guidelines.

No comments: