It has been over two weeks since sweet Jenna was born. Let me quickly catch you up on the past two weeks.
On day two our midwife Sue came by to check on us and Jenna. We weighed Jenna and she weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces. (original birth weight 7 pounds 12 ounces)
We had to do the heal prick, and she was a tough little lady and only cried a few seconds. It helped that I was feeding her. She right off the bat was sleeping pretty good, we couldn't of asked for anything more than a kid who likes to sleep, especially after Parker.
The first week she had a few nights that her stomach was bothering her. She was pretty gassy and having a hard time passing her bowls. We had to help her out by patting her bottom. It could have been what I was eating, protein bars, broccoli, or just her body adjusting. We had a really bad night on Sunday Jan 19th, so Monday morning we scheduled her a chiropractic appointment. we took her in to get adjusted and the rest of the week she slept great and didn't have any bad stomach issues. The chiropractor thought that her lip tie might be causing her to latch on wrong and suck in air, which would cause her to have gas. After her adjustment we decided that wasn't it since she has been fine. I have also kept a real close look on her latch and she doesn't seem to have any issues latching on.
On Friday Jan 24th, we had her two week check up with Sue. We weighed her and she weighed 8 pounds 2 ounces. She gained all her birth weight back plus some! We weighed her at the chiropractors on Monday and she had already gained her weight back by then too. Way to go me for plumping her up! We had to do another heal prick, I hate doing it. Luckily since I feed her through it she doesn't seem to experience to much pain. It is still super sad to see her hurt.
Jenna and I ended up staying at Sue's house for a good hour and half just chatting! I love that she took the time to see how I was doing and to reassure me that I am doing great. Love her!
During Jenna's second week of life we all ended up getting sick. Parker and Blake came down with fevers, body aches. snot noses, and a pretty ugly cough. I only seemed to get a horrible cough and Jenna stayed healthy! We pumped ourselves with immune boosting vitamins and started taking a homeopathic flu med. Thank goodness after two days we all started feeling better. Parker is still having issues with his allergies but other than that he is his normal self again. Those few days while everyone was sick took its toll on me. I had no relief and ended up taking care of 3 people when I was still suppose to be taken care of. I was a wreck, sick family, and no sleep had me in tears. It doesn't help my hormones were still adjusting. I got a good glimpse of what the rest of my life will look like!
Blake also went back to work on Saturday the 25th. I have been home with both of the kids two days now and we have survived. The first small hiccup we had was when I was feeding Jenna and Parker need to go poop. He is still pretty short and has a hard time getting on the potty and he still needs help wiping. So I had to help him while feeding Jenna. It was difficult but I managed! I haven't taken a nap so at night when Jenna wakes up to eat I am more than exhausted, can't wait for this stage to pass!
Parker loves his baby sister. He is always rubbing her head and hugging her. When his friends would stop by he would run to the door yelling "I got a new baby sister"! He is very proud of her. He wants to play with her so bad, and I can't wait until they can.
No comments:
Post a Comment