Tuesday, September 3, 2013

21 weeks

I finally changed my blog photo. My friend Cynthia with your candid memories photography took it.
 
We had our 21 week prenatal check up today. This was the first appointment my mom was able to make too! We had this appointment at Sue's house (midwife). I wanted parker to see all the picture of the growing babies in the womb, and she has life size babies too. We showed him the 20 week baby. As usual Parker was just shy and wasn't really interested. I will add that when we got home he did say out of nowhere, "you have a baby in your belly...baby sister". He melts my heart! I think he understands what's going on somewhat but only shows interest when he feels like it. He also usually doesn't say what gender he thinks it is. We still have about two weeks until we find out what we are having...2 weeks feels like 2 years!

19 weeks
Left was taken Sunday 20 weeks. right taken Tuesday 21 weeks
Its all depends on what I am wearing!
So far this month has been rough. I have had several issues I never dealt with when I was pregnant with Parker. About two weeks ago, I noticed my feet felt swollen two days. I couldn't really figure out why. I wasn't walking more than often or on my feet more than usual. The only guess I have is it was getting really warm out. My midwife had me start taking my walks in the morning, which I guess it helped since I haven't had any swollen toes lately, plus its so much cooler. Its not easy waking up early to beat the heat though! My second issue was one morning on my walk I started feeling light headed, I had eaten before so that shouldn't have been the problem. I cut my walk short and came home and ate some oatmeal just in case and still felt light headed after. I went to sit down on the couch and recline back and I got really dizzy. I kind of freaked a little, so I sat up and just drank water. Then I decided maybe if I was in a dark room and laid down it would help. I went to the bedroom and I was still dizzy, the room was spinning. My only thought at first was vertigo. I went back to the living room and just sat there, eventually I was able to go back to the bedroom and laydown, well I was propped up so almost sitting. I took an hour nap and when I woke I only had a slight headache. Thankful the room had stopped spinning. My chiropractor was closed so I wouldn't see them until Monday. As the day went on I was thinking of what would have caused it and I really have no idea but I did go swimming the night before and so maybe my equilibrium was just off. On Monday, My chiropractor had her work cut out with me! Last week we feed the missionaries so I made a super yummy Mexican lasagna and I guess the baby didn't like it because I threw it right back up a few hours later. I never did that with Parker, and I hate throwing up so much. I am very glad I didn't get morning sickness with either pregnancy and if that's the only time I throw up I will be ok with it! Hopefully that is the extent to pregnancy difficulties, if you can call my issues that. SO... how is this pregnancy different than Parkers? Well up until this month everything had been the same. This month I had my three issues, and I always feel hot, and I am a little more emotional this time. I feel like I am carrying lower, I know the baby is spending more time on my bladder. I looked at a picture I had taken when I was pregnant with Parker and I might be slightly bigger but its hard to tell. I wasn't great with taking prego pictures then. So based on the differences one might think I was having a girl, but who knows! I did come home and compare my stats with this baby to Parkers. My weight gain is almost right on, and the baby's heart beat is pretty much the same. Either way boy or girl we will be happy with a healthy baby! Everything with this appointment went well, Sue will be calling me this week with my sonogram date! I gained 6 pounds this month, my biggest gain. I had two months that I did that with parker too. The baby's heartbeat sounds great, and I am measuring like I should. Of course the baby was low in its favorite spot, MY BLADDER! after my appointment my midwife gave us some coconut flour cupcakes she made, they were delicious! I haven't had much success with coconut flour. She also gave me more fresh eggs and some red raspberry tea leaves. She has chickens so we went to show parker the roosters and chickens, she had a swing out front that he played on. He loves her big white dog too. I scored with finding an awesome midwife. I am so thankful that Heavenly father placed her in my path! She was great during Parkers birth and I know that she will be great with this baby's birth too.

parker playing at Sue's house!
 

No comments: