My brother finally got married!
On Saturday, December 15, 2012 he married Amy! They got married in Saint Lucia on the beach, and it was beautiful! Amy is a great girl and I am lucky to be able to now call her a sister! Ever since my brother met her he has become a different person. She makes him shine!
We stayed on the Coconut Bay resort. Parker had a blast. He loved the ocean and beach. When we first got there on Friday we had tons of wedding commitments so we actually didn't get to enjoy the beach until Sunday. It was worth the wait! We didn't go on any excursions but we didn't mind since they had so much to do for kids on the resort. The had two large slides, a splash park, the pools, and best of all we had the ocean and beach!
The first night we arrived in St. Lucia we had the wedding rehearsal and welcome dinner for the wedding. It was on the beach, so we didn't really get to chat with anyone because Parker was running around everywhere. He also hadn't had a nap, so he had more energy than normal since he was over tired. Silly boy. We did end our night early so we could put Parker to bed. Later that night I was reminded why we don't drink! It wouldn't be party if someone didn't get drunk and pass out...right?!
Saturday, was the Wedding day! Amy had all the girls get their hair done. We had all hoped we would be at the salon at the same time but we weren't. It was still fun! I was actually one of the first to get my hair done at 11 and the wedding didn't start until 4! I had so many bobby pins and hair spray in my hair that it didn't move an inch.
While I got may hair done, the boys had fun at the spray park. When I was done I got to take pictures of them having fun!
While I got may hair done, the boys had fun at the spray park. When I was done I got to take pictures of them having fun!
During the wedding all Parker wanted to do was play in the sand. The airport was close by so you could see the airplanes taking off. Every time one flew by, you would hear Parker say "airplane, big airplane". People rode by on horses and he liked that. I am to see if on the wedding video you will be able to hear Parker yelling " sand, airplane, and horsey''.
After the ceremony we headed to the reception. If things would have moved along a lot faster I think it would have been better. We waited forever to eat, and the food wasn't that great. Once we got passed that part we had a great time dancing! Parker hoped on the dance floor with Alexis (Amy's niece) and got down! They started out with some pre- dancing yoga. I guess they needed to stretch! I didn't have my camera so I hope someone took some pictures of the kids.
We spend our two last days outside under the sun, it was great. This was our first vacation with Parker, and we had a really good time. However, I really miss being able to just lay under the sun and read or sleep. You don't get to do that when you have a little one running around
We had a wonderful time, but it was nice to be back in the country and eat real American food! It was awesome to get to go to St. Lucia, I just wish we didn't have such a long flight. Parker was a trooper on all four flights so I really have nothing to complain about! All in All the whole trip was worth it, you only get to see your brother get married on the beach once...well he better only get married once!!
No comments:
Post a Comment