Day 1: It actually wasn't that bad. I only had him wear a big shirt for the first two days so I could get him to the potty quickly. He is familiar with me putting him on the potty since he gets to enjoy lots of naked time. It was the only thing that really helped when he got diaper rashes. I found a neat app on my phone with a timer that goes off every 10,20, 30 minutes or longer. It was a life saver! I made sure he was drinking a lot that day too. I wanted him to get lots of practice. I am a pro at wiping up pee now too! The day went as I expected, he would start to pee I would hurry and sit him on the potty, and then i would do a cheer for him when he was done! I tried giving him sticker every time he went potty or even sat on the potty for me, but each time he just threw a fit because I only gave him one and only one. I then switched to teddy Gram's or cheese crackers, and the same things happened he just wanted to eat them all. I think I would have been better off just cheering him on. He actually went and sat on the potty by himself and went pee....only once but that's all it took to make this mom really happy. Day one success!
Day three was 4th of July! I let him run around in big boy underwear and just watched him very closely. As long as i got him on the potty every 20-30 minutes he had no accidents. I did take him outside and he had an accident and didn't care that he was wet...great! We went out to dinner that night with some friends and I was playing with fire by putting him in big boy underwear. It's true, I am crazy! Well guess what...he didn't have an accident. He even went pee for us on the big potty at the restaurant! yay Parker.
Day 4 and 5 I was more relaxed and he had more accidents but I wanted to see if anything was sticking. He isn't potty trained yet but he is much more aware of whats going on, and I can just look at him and know when hes going potty. Blake is amazed that I can tell when Parker is getting ready to go potty or is. Must be a mom thing! Parker may not be running up to me saying he has to go potty yet but I can sit him on the potty and he actually tries to go or does. he has even come and told me he went potty, which means he knows he had an accident. Over all I didn't reach my main goal but I did get things going in the right direction and maybe even sped things up...hopefully! The way I look at is he is still young and has plenty of time!
No comments:
Post a Comment