Sunday, March 25, 2012

phase two, day one

Last night was Blake's first night working midnights for phase two of training. I didn't get to talk to him about how his night was until I got home from church today at 3. He said it is totally different. He said the other officers are much more cool, they are all young. He said its so fast paced and exciting.
He ended up getting a different FTO because his original one was sick. Now he has some one named Dickerson. Blake said he drives crazy, and he was holding on for dear life the whole time they were in the car.
In one night Blake got to write two tickets, and on days he wrote two in 4 weeks. He said that the FTO he has now likes to just pull up to people walking and talk to them see if they are carrying anything when they are busy. He seems to be a much better trainer than his first FTO. He showed him where they drug houses are, where prostitutes work/stay, where the pimp lives, and what areas the different gangs live in. He told Blake he will get him caught up on all his training, and plans on trying to take a call where someone will run so Blake can experience a foot chase. Oh and I am super thrilled about this...he also wants to try to get him on a call where he thinks someone will fight. GREAT!!! I slept fine last night but I doubt I will tonight. I am up at 10:15 blogging so what does that say!

I am sure this will be one very exciting month for Blake and I think he will learn a lot. Please keep him in your prayers that he stays safe and returns home to us!

1 comment:

Alycia said...

We will keep him in our prayers. I am glad that he is having a little more fun on the job though! :-)