Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Parker's First Birthday Party!

Let me just start by saying I "SURVIVED" well barely! I really don't like to be the host and the one responsible for entertaining a crowd of people. I get so stressed and for get to eat, and think. I always make way to much food or forget to do something. This time I made cafe rio sweet pork burritos and I totally forgot to pull out the lettuce and tomatoes. I worked so hard at getting it all ready too...ugh.


Other than me going a little crazy the party surprisingly turned out very well. Everyone seemed to have a wonderful time! Thank you everyone who could be a part of this special day! and those who couldn't be there you were missed.


The first hour pretty much we just let the kids play. My dear friend Amanda let me borrow her bounce house again! I so need to buy my own! The big kids pretty much stayed outside and the little ones played inside. Everyone looked so cute in their Halloween costumes!


Parker was a little skeptical at first to eat his cupcake but in the end really enjoyed it! I made gluten free cupcakes with sugar substitutes, but I couldn't bring myself to make anyone eat the sugar free cream cheese icing...gross. So he didn't get away with no sugar but a lot less than he would have if I would of bought him one. The things I do to make myself feel like a good mom...its so much work!

He loves all his new gifts! He has unwrapped a present before and had a blast so I am really surprised he didn't enjoy it more on his birthday. He doesn't do well with crowds like his momma! Thanks again for everything everyone!

After the party we headed over to our church for trunk or treat. We had a good time and enjoying spending more time with the cousins! The night ended pretty quickly after Niko feel and busted his chin open...I feel horrible. This is why I will NOT be playing with the kids anymore :(. I was the one chasing him when he tripped over his feet and fell. He had to get bonded back together because he wouldn't stay still for his stitches. I feel horrible, but now he will have a "cool" scar...i guess.



No comments: