Thursday, November 10, 2011

Night shoot

November 3rd and 4th Blake worked from 1-11. They had to practice shooting at night. Blake had a blast. when he woke up the next morning he looked like a little boy on Christmas morning. He was so anxious to tell me all about it!

The first night he said they just practiced shooting at the targets. The second night was the fun night. He said they had them stand outside of the range for about 20 minutes and then they  had them come in in groups of 5. When they walked in they had barrels set up for the guys to hide behind and squad cars inside with the sirens and lights going off. They had to shoot at moving targets and maybe even moving from barrel to barrel. While they were concentrating on shooting they would shoot off fireworks and one of the trainers would come by with an AK ( I think that's what Blake said...I am no gun expert!) and would shoot it right by their head to try to distract them. Blake said they would also shoot off something that made the whole ground shake. He said it was AWESOME! I wish I could have experienced that. He has such a cool job, well until it get dangerous!

No comments: