Monday, October 24, 2011

Gun Range

This month Blake has been at the gun range. On October 12 they started shooting. This was Blake's first "REAL" time to shoot a gun. We shot guns about a two years ago in Arizona with Blake's best friend Burke, but that didn't count.

Blake practicing taking his gun out of the holster.

Only two people in Blake's class had never shot a gun before. Funny thing is the other guys last name is Jenkins too! On Wednesday, the first day of shooting they shot for 8 hours, long time! Then for the next 6 days he shot for 4 hours a day. On Thursday October 20th they had to qualify. When Blake told me they had to qualify I figured they had to do that every week to make sure they were progressing. Nope, they had to qualify after a week to be able to stay in the Academy. I guess that's why they shoot for so many hours. I am SUPER proud of Blake, he qualified with a 97 average! The state only requires you to qualify with a 75 average and the FWPA requires an 85 average. GREAT JOB BLAKE!

glock 40 calibur

Today they learn about the shotgun all day and then they will practice shooting it to qualify soon.

This month since they are at the fun range I have been Blake's workout buddy. It's been really nice to have someone to run with, except that now I am the one who can't keep up. I like it better when I was the better runner. Although something tells me I could still run more miles than him!

No comments: