Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Recruit Blake Jenkins

Let me catch everyone up just in case you are behind. Blake was accepted into the Fort Worth Police Academy...YAY!! He is no longer an applicant and is officially a Police Academy recruit!

Today is day 3...He is pretty sore and says they work him really hard. On day one the first four hours they re-test them on all the physical stuff...Blake did awesome. I am so proud of him. He did get yelled at but from what he was saying everyone was getting yelled at for any little thing they did wrong. When they get yelled at they make them get in push up position and lower down to about 4 inches off the ground and hold it. I tried it and could only hold it for like 3 seconds...I can only imagine doing it for longer and on the HOT concrete.

I don't know much about what goes on but he's coming home pretty tired. I am going to try to keep up the post so he can read back a few years later. If I can get him to blog about it that would be better but I doubt that will happen.

*** he is so skinny that his backbone is bruised from doing sit ups on the gym floor... one of his trainers said after a month the pain should go away. I will take a picture and post it later.

No comments: