Thursday, September 2, 2010

All About Babies Midwifery & Birth Center

Today started off really bad for me but ended way better! First I get to work and find and email from my maternity leave replacement saying she got another opportunity. She wants to try to make both jobs work if she can work part time but I have a feeling Dr. Brodows isn't going to like that. Dr. B is in Mexico right now so I guess by next Tuesday I will know if I have to start interviewing again.

2nd I had a doctors appointment. I am going every two weeks now, which is a pain but I can manage. I called early this morning to see if I could pick up a copy of my medical records since I was planning on meeting with a Midwife tonight. I was told I had to fill out a form first which could be done when I got to the office. I walk in as for the form and the snotty insurance girl behind the desk says "you have to pay $25 for them and we faxed your records to the midwife center on the 9th of August". Why they didn't tell me this when I called in the morning is beyond my understanding I guess. Well anyway the midwife center they sent them to I decided not to use after they didn't call to schedule my appt once my records were received. I sound really picky and I am usually not. This birth thing is really important to me and I want to feel very comfortable with the people/facility I will be dealing with. I blow it off and have a seat in the lobby to wait for the nurse to call me back.
I  gave a urine sample they took my weight( gained 3 pounds in 2 weeks) and I went to the room to wait for the doctor. I hear a knock at the door and the nurse comes in and ask " are you going to talk to Dr about transferring over to midwife center b.c you cant keep seeing both of us". I let her know I never got a chance to go to midwife center b.c I had no clue they had my records. She got snotty with me and said well we cant keep transferring your records everywhere b.c we have to pay for them. At that point I was angry and just said that's fine I will just pay to have them released so I can see another Dr. The doctor finally came in listened to the babies heart beat and measured my belly. Everything sounded good so she sent me on my way.

After my horrible Dr's appt I needed ice cream! Then I went and bought two new shirts and some yarn to start a blanket for my baby boy! I came home and got ready for a cooking class at the birthing center I was going to look into. My friend Amanda kindly volunteered to go with me. The birthing center is in Argyle about  10-15 minutes away from my cousin Heathers house. At first we pull up and its this little blue house and at that point I got nervous. I went in anyway and it was amazing! It was beautifully decorated and the whole atmosphere was so relaxing. We were kindly greeted by Donnellyn and Christy the midwifes I met at a birth fair. My favorite part was the birthing room and the jacuzzi bathtub! I got to ask all the question I wanted and they gave me all the answers I needed to hear. My fees will be much less than what I would pay at a hospital which is a huge plus in my book. I feel very confident in using them and now I can relax and hope for the best! My first appointment with Donnellyn is on 9/14/2010 and it will be about 2 hrs long. sounds long but I am so glad that she is taking the time to actually get to know me and help me prepare for the natural childbirth I want! I am so excited now and I cant wait for my last 10 weeks to be over!

Sorry for the long post...I had to much going on.

No comments: