Friday, September 10, 2010

1st appointment with my midwife

Today I had my first appointment with Donnellynn. She spent 2 hours with me just like she said she would. She went through my medical history and my families. She did a physical exam, measured my belly, and listened to Parker's heart beat. I think my belly is measuring 33 cm...not 100% sure. Heart beat sounded good it was 160. He was excited! She asked about my diet..yikes. She told me no more chocolate,white flour, and white sugar. I am just glad I only have 10 more weeks b.c this is going to be REALLY difficult. I will start this on Monday since I have my baby shower tomorrow, and I want cake! I have to keep a record of everything that goes in my mouth for the next two weeks to show her at my next appointment. She has also started me on chlorophyll supplements. It's like a cleanse, helps with my digestive system. I am to take 2 a day with an orange until I go into labor. She is slowly giving me new things to do so I don't get overwhelmed.

I start my childbirth classes on Tuesday. They will be held at the birthing center in Argyle at 7:00 pm. I am excited to learn about everything they will be teaching! I also have a home birth prep class to go to on October 2nd, which I really should have taken when I was in my first trimester but like they say better late than never!

Stay posted for all my fun shower gifts!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

She's making you keep a food journal!! You forgot to tell me that when you called. Its going to make it so much harder to cheat :-)