Friday, July 24, 2015

July


For 8 days we dog sat for our friends across the street. Charlie is only 4 months old and very hyper. The first few days were super hard since the kids had to get adjusted to her and vice versa. We couldn't keep any toys out or she would chew on them. It was like I had three kids! By day 8 the kids were head over heels in love with her. I say that but they didn't miss her as much as I thought they would when we took her back home.

.

Jenna turned the big 18 months old! She is my wild child and keeps me on my toes. She has no fear and does everything you don't want her to do. She loves to climb on everything. You can't leave crayons, markers, pencils out or she will find them. She now loves to read books, Still not as much as Parker, but she wants to read often and that makes me happy. she usually likes to read the same book over and over and that gets old fast! She still can't eat dairy but when she is hungry she has quite the appetite. Miss Piggy. She is starting to talk a ton when she is around us. off the top of my head she can say, Mommy, daddy, bubba, puppy, up, down, poo poo, pee pee, hungry, eat, please, thank you, more, booberry (blueberries), raisins, rio, dance, mine, no, surprise,boo boo, ,bfly (butterfly) and she can  make animal sounds. sheep, cow, pig, monkey, bird, elephant, dog, cat, 





For the fourth of July we saw fireworks in a neighborhood near ours and Saturday night we hung out at our cousin Heather's parents house and played in the water, had a tractor ride, and shot off our own fireworks. Fun!!


Jenna got a hold of a marker and drew all over her legs and our kitchen table while i was cooking dinner. I thought I caught her before she drew on anything. 
I also recently cut off 12" of hair. I figured if I was going to cut it I might as well donate it.


I painted Jenna fingernails for the first time and she actually stayed still long enough for me to do it! And I also had to take Parker in for the first time to have x-rays for a possible broken bone.



Well....he fractured his Left proximal tibia. Its right 
below the knee. We were at a friends house and he was jumping on the trampoline for less than 5 minutes. one minute he was up and the next he was down and screaming that his leg hurt.



It was a huge adjustment the first few days but hes is managing much better now. The cast was put on July 17 and comes off August 14. only 4 weeks total as long as it is healed when they x-ray it on the 14th. He has been spoiled with get well treats from his cousin Sophie and his friend Kyle.


Jenna giving great grandma some love




The watauga library is awesome. They host some fun events. This year we made it to the big vehicle day. They had all sorts of big vehicles. cop motorcycles, school bus, a big bus, a big rv, a police horse, limo. hum-v. tractors, helicopter, and a boat. The kids seem to enjoy it!




No comments: