Friday, July 12, 2013

Strong heart beat! 13 weeks

I had my 2nd prenatal appointment with my midwife Sue. I am 13 weeks. We got to hear our baby's heart beat! We found it right away and there was only one! So all my friends who have been teasing me about having twins, there was only 1! Thanks for trying to freak me out but I knew all along I would only have 1 bun in the oven. ok get back on track...we found the heart beat right away and it was good and strong! We had this appointment at my house which was super nice because I didn't have to go anywhere. Listening to the heart beat for the first time was pretty much all we did this visit I am still not really showing so we still don't need to measure my belly. I have only gained 3 pounds which is fine by me!
I am still walking with my neighbor twice a week and we walk between 3-4 miles each time. We get along really well so time flies by!
 
Have I mentioned how much I love my midwife?! She is totally awesome. I love that I actually get to know my midwife and can get close (bond) with  her, I never feel like I can do that with any other Dr's.  I found out some really cool stuff on Thursday, like she lives on 40 acres that she inherited from her grandparents. She lives on the land with her parents, and one daughter. That is so awesome and one day maybe my families can do that! It would be so cool! She also has chickens and cows. She said her chickens have been laying eggs like crazy so she brought us over two dozen eggs. She has about 16 cows and she is butchering several in August, I am so buying in on some of that yummy meat!



No comments: