Wednesday, October 24, 2012

SOLD

WE FINALLY SOLD OUR HOUSE!
 
 
 We tried to sell our home about 4 years ago and had no luck. We had a few bites but everything fell through, it definitely wasn't meant to be. After taking our house off the market last time we joined the church, had Parker, and Blake got a new job! It was more of a blessing that it didn't sell, we just didn't know it then.
 
We had no plans on selling our home for at least another year or two, but a few things came up and we started thinking.  Our main reason for selling was that our neighborhood has gone down the crapper. We have new neighbors on both sides, both loud and up to no good. Down the street we have a home that has been watched by Watauga PD. yikes I know. So Blake and I decided it was probably best to try now and get out before things get worse. I would say "we" prayed about it but I think it was really only me! I had a good feeling about putting our home up and felt we were making the right decision.
 
We didn't know a good realtor, so we didn't know where to start to look for one. The next day I just happened to be talking to one of my friends who just met one. She told me she was great. I contacted her and she went straight to work for us! She has also been a huge blessing! Her name is Kim Assaad, the best realtor ever!
 
Why is she so great?! We put our house on the market on Monday, October 15th, and Tuesday night we had three showings. On Wednesday we got a call from Kim saying that the first two people to look at our home both submitted an offer. They practically fought over our house. The second offer won, he offered us $1000 more than we were asking! WOW I know!! We just had the inspection on our home for the buyer. We haven't gotten any bad news so I am 99 sure it has sold!
 
We have been house hunting since we got the offer. We have found a few houses we really love but they are way out of our price range. We had to give up the dream of living in one of those homes. It would have been nice but money would have been really tight and we just got back to having more money.
 
We go back out on Friday to look for a house again. We are on a time crunch, we have to be out of our house by the 16th of November. Pray for us to find a home!
 


No comments: