On Monday right as Blake was starting his shift, they got a call about two kids drowning at a pool in Woodland Springs. For those who don't know its a neighborhood about 15-20 away from us, it also happens to be Blake's beat. (beat means it his specific area to work, so if any calls comes in he should be the closest and takes all the calls) Since this happened around 3 it took them about 30 minutes to get there, he had to leave from the sector, and ran code (lights on) all the way. He said he was going down I-35 at about 120 mph on the shoulder...wow that's fast.
This story has helped both Blake and I realize how much the news makes up. Once he sent me a text and told me he would be on the news, I turned on the TV. I happened to catch him on channel 11, and the news had the story all wrong. They had the kids ages wrong, and they were simply guessing at what had happened. They said it was a diving accident.
The clip I posted below has more accurate information, I found it this morning. Blake had the sheet on this call so he was in charge. Very sad story but still neat to see your husband on the news!
So the story goes...The mom claims she turned around to cut up some watermelon, no more than a minute and when she turned around her kids were both under water. A nurse happened to be there and started CPR on the boy who was not responsive. They did CPR for about 20-30 min until Med-star got there, and at that point they still didn't have a heart beat. Med start was able to get one but they had him on a breathing machine. They took the boy to the hospital by careflight. We just know that he was in critical condition and on breathing machines. We wont know if he made it or not.
Praying for him and his family. I hope I never have to experience that. Being in the water with Parker already scares me, I watch him like a hawk.
Blake's beat is normally really calm but while he was on this call he heard two other call from his beat come in. He didn't take them but he heard about them.
One call was two adults fight over gun. The officer who took the call said that by the time he got there the husband had the gun locked away and the wife was up stairs. The gun was never out of the case, it was never pointed at anyone. Still...why were they fighting over it. Come on people.
Another call came in that someone found a skinned cat in their front yard. Who skins a cat???? Blake said it had to of been kids. Messed up kids if you ask me.
The End
No comments:
Post a Comment