Happy 19 months to Parker! I have a whole new list of things he is doing now! He never stops amazing me!
| happy 19 months...time for a train ride |
| he loves to be outside |
He still loves to read more than anything. He always runs to his room and grabs books for us to read, and sometimes he gets distracted and just stays in his room and reads to himself. He will pull every single book off his bookshelve and look at it. He can sit in there with his books and be content for about an hour. He looks so sweet sitting in his room flipping through his books. Love it.
| He is so COOL! |
| ZOO ZOO ZOO |
He is also crazy about drawing/coloring. If he even sees a writing utensil he automatically starts saying "draw", and wont stop until you let the kid draw! Coloring usually keeps him entertained for a good amount of time. He really likes to have us draw stuff for him so he can say what it is. Since our drawing skills are not that great, I am always amazed he can tell what we are drawing.
My dad bought him a slide and he plays with that more than any other toy he has. He sits on it if he is watching tv, and he has sat on it to eat a snack. It is a multi use slide! Best 20 bucks my dad has spent on him!
| HA HA he got my dad reading to him one day. |
Right now his favorite food is sweet potato, and I think he will become a sweet potato by the end of the month at the rate he is going! He loves cereal. We don't give him the cereal that's high in sugar and he still ask for more. I think he only really likes it because he like to drink the milk from a bowl. He would try to eat the whole bowl of cereal like that if I didn't keep saying "use your spoon"!
He has really taken off with talking. He can say several new words. He tries really hard to have a full blown conversation with us but its mostly gibberish with a few words we understand. I love his little voice! I have been trying really hard to write down all the words he can say but I know I don't have them all down. Here are several: I want some, I'm OK,I got it, what is that, all done, butterfly, cracker, eat, bite, happy, splash, cold, basket, popcorn, hot,walk, baby, drink, go, up, down, messy, shoes,rock, bath, cool, dude, eye, nose, more, book, moon, snack, please, yes (he doesn't say it often b.c the answer to everything is NO) slide, swing, play, mouse, draw, side (outside), puppy, dog, ball, car, clock, cheese, egg, cup, boat,bubble and broke. That's all I have written down so far.
I almost forgot...Well many know I am that mom that refused to let Parker cry himself to sleep at night. many say I am crazy but I just couldn't do, and I never felt it was good for them. So for 18 months we rocked him to sleep, hated it some nights, and enjoyed it many more! Well I truly believe every kid does something when he is ready. Parker decided on his own that he no longer wanted to be rocked and now goes to sleep on his own. I have tried to rock him and he just stares at me with his sweet face, once I lay him down he goes to sleep. I love that I trusted my instinct and followed his lead, it may of taken 19 months to get there but it was worth it!
I almost forgot...Well many know I am that mom that refused to let Parker cry himself to sleep at night. many say I am crazy but I just couldn't do, and I never felt it was good for them. So for 18 months we rocked him to sleep, hated it some nights, and enjoyed it many more! Well I truly believe every kid does something when he is ready. Parker decided on his own that he no longer wanted to be rocked and now goes to sleep on his own. I have tried to rock him and he just stares at me with his sweet face, once I lay him down he goes to sleep. I love that I trusted my instinct and followed his lead, it may of taken 19 months to get there but it was worth it!
This month NRH2O opened back up for the summer. He to excited about it at first but after a bite to eat he was a whole new kid. It was a little windy which made it kind of chilly. and By the time we left he was going down the slide all by himself. He is going to have a blast this summer!
| lol he was hanging from this water thing. silly kid |
Just yesterday Parker's friend Wyatt came over to play so his mommy could clean. Parker had a blast, he loves Wyatt. It was so cute when he got here Parker ran up to him and gave him a big hug! we have such a sweet boy! I love that Kristen (Wyatt's mom) and I have become great friends and so have our boys! They are so cute! They try to share snacks while we run in the mornings, and hold hands when they walk together. Precious!
1 comment:
Love it! Cute picture of Wyatt on the slide. I also love that our boys are becoming as good of friends as we are. I never would have thought that would happen all because we were in the same birthing classes.
Post a Comment