Friday, September 16, 2011

Freeze...put your hands where I can see them

Time for a long overdue Blake update. Sorry I have been busy being a mom!

Since the last post Blake has been learning Traffic for the past three weeks. They set up fake traffic scenarios and then had them write up a report on them. They did that for three days, and the reports take a really long time. Good thing they weren't practicing DWI reports, we hear those are the worst. I think he learns about that later in the Academy.

They also had to direct traffic one day this past week. He said that was easy. I never got a picture of him in his bright yellow vest. SAD


For CT (combat training) they are practicing handcuffing each other. Blake showed me the way they are suppose to handcuff someone, he looks goofy! The person training them showed them the goofy correct way and then explained no one really does it that way. They have two types of handcuffs, and they practice with both so they can decide which ones they like best.

TYPE 1

TYPE 2


For  PT (physical training) every Tuesday and Thursday they do a Met con workout. Blake tells me about these workouts and I would die. Very intense, but they have to workout this hard to get in shape as fast as they need to. A part of me is very jealous that he gets paid to workout, although I don't think I would want to workout that hard!

10 weeks down! 2 more weeks until HELL week...he gets tased by the stun gun, pepper sprayed, and tear gassed. On top of that he has a mid-term.

I will keep you posted. Thanks for following!


No comments: