Today started out a great morning, both boys were being great, and I was in good company at the walking park. I get home and was checking the mail when I heard crying, I assumed it was the crazy Mexican kids next door. Next I hear my neighbor yelling for help to his wife, and my other neighbor just happened to be outside as well. So we both ran over to our neighbors gate so we could help and I open it to find my neighbor sitting on Lexi. Lexi had dug a hole under our fence, a much larger hole than before and attacked my neighbors Chihuahua. When I got there their dog was already inside so I had no clue what condition the poor dog was in. Once I got Lexi in the garage I tried to call my neighbor but he was pretty upset and wouldn't talk to me. I then hear him take off in his car, tires squealing and all. I can't even describe how bad I felt/feel about this. especially since this is the 2nd time Lexi has gone into their backyard and hurt one of their dogs. I should have gotten rid of her ALONG time ago... yes I know now. I am very thankful for my mom and great friend Amanda for coming over and helping me out. Amanda spoke to my neighbors to make sure the dog was ok. The dog needed two stitches and a shot, and was just very shaken up. Not sure how much it cost them but WE DO INTEND TO PAY THEM BACK FOR IT. My mom stayed at home with Parker and Devin while I surrendered the dogs to the Fort Worth Humane Society. I think we would have been fine keeping Nicki, but I felt it was best to not ever put ourselves in this situation again. I pray that she finds a great home that will give her the attention she needs that I could no longer give. I will miss he so much. As for Lexi, I don't feel bad for giving her up.I am just thankful it was a dog she attacked and not a kid, and I was not willing to wait for that to happen. She has been such a bad dog and I gave her so many chances.
Life will go on and Nicki will find a great home I am sure of it! Thinking good thoughts.
1 comment:
I am so sorry to read this! You must be soooo sad. Hang in there!
Post a Comment