So let me start by admitting I can't keep up with my blog and two kids. I had high hopes but they keep me so stinking busy its exhausting! Today is a rare occasion, the kids are outside playing together nicely. So I am just sitting here listening to them play and watching dinner simmer on the stove. I have to stop every now and then and tell Jenna not to eat the sand, and I only know she is because Parker is telling her we don't eat it. He is a really great big brother!
In March I turned 31 and Jenna turned 14 months old! I had a great birthday and I spent it with my sweet little family. I wouldn't have done anything else, it was perfect! Other than celebrating my birthday I can't remember much of what we did, I have mom memory.
We did however get a wooden swing set for the backyard. It was a beast to put up so I don't think we can ever forget the brutal 4 days it took Blake to put it together. I helped when I could but mostly I was keeping the kids away, and Parker ended up being sick with strep. Poor guy, that was a first for him. Back to the swing set, It took 4 full days. Blake was a champ an received dad of the year award for buying it and putting it together. The kids LOVE it! Parker is old enough to enjoy the whole thing but Jenna mostly just loves to swing and let me be real its still Parker's favorite thing to do. To bad for them both to swing it still requires me to go out there and push both of them. I am not saying they don't go out and play on it and give me a little spare time. when I say little I mean little. Jenna can climb the stairs but can't or maybe she just wont climb intot he top part of the clubhouse. So I have to keep an eye on her so she doens't fall off the stairs and I have to help her in the clubhouse and I have to stay near by so seh doesn't fall out of the top part of the clubhouse. She hates the slide, its safe to say she is terrified of it. I have gone down with her, she has gone down with Blake and I may have thrown her to wolfs and made her go down alone. She hated it all and screamed bloody murder.
In March I turned 31 and Jenna turned 14 months old! I had a great birthday and I spent it with my sweet little family. I wouldn't have done anything else, it was perfect! Other than celebrating my birthday I can't remember much of what we did, I have mom memory.
We did however get a wooden swing set for the backyard. It was a beast to put up so I don't think we can ever forget the brutal 4 days it took Blake to put it together. I helped when I could but mostly I was keeping the kids away, and Parker ended up being sick with strep. Poor guy, that was a first for him. Back to the swing set, It took 4 full days. Blake was a champ an received dad of the year award for buying it and putting it together. The kids LOVE it! Parker is old enough to enjoy the whole thing but Jenna mostly just loves to swing and let me be real its still Parker's favorite thing to do. To bad for them both to swing it still requires me to go out there and push both of them. I am not saying they don't go out and play on it and give me a little spare time. when I say little I mean little. Jenna can climb the stairs but can't or maybe she just wont climb intot he top part of the clubhouse. So I have to keep an eye on her so she doens't fall off the stairs and I have to help her in the clubhouse and I have to stay near by so seh doesn't fall out of the top part of the clubhouse. She hates the slide, its safe to say she is terrified of it. I have gone down with her, she has gone down with Blake and I may have thrown her to wolfs and made her go down alone. She hated it all and screamed bloody murder.
Jenna is our wild child! I am going to keep saying she is our wild child but a friend I was talking to the other day said "is our second child really harder or is it harder because now we have two kids to chase and watch over"....good point. When I had just Parker maybe he was the exact same way but he was easier to manage because I didn't have to keep an eye on both. Who knows!
Jenna loves dirt and anything messy. I think she is good on iron levels with the amount of dirt she consumes on a monthly basis! She is our little dare devil and I think she has a death wish. You can't let her out back without her climbing on the kids picnic table, now she stands on it. She has been known to dance on it too. I have already told you how she climbs the play set stairs. crazy girl! She is a super great walker now and I bet in the next month or so she will be running around.


She has 6 new teeth, they are growing in fast. She isn't great at eating her veggies but loves anything sweet. Who are we kidding...don't we all prefer sweet foods over vegetables! I have been making mini muffins with carrot and zucchini in them to get more vegetables in her. She does like a cauliflower soup I make and gobbles that right up. she would love to just eat crackers all day but that's frowned upon so I don't let her!
She is a talker! I am pretty impressed at how well she is communicating with us. She signs milk, more, please, tired or sleepy, and diaper change. She can say please, nose, teeth, hey, ball, hi, yes, what, and whee. possible more but I can't think of them now. She can shake her yes and no, she points to her nose, belly, ears, and diaper. She is good at telling us when she has gone poop, she starts hitting her diaper to let us know. Just recently she has started doing it we believe after she pees but we are just guessing. She may just hate having a diaper on is trying to see if we will take it off for her! silly girl!
She has gotten on a good sleep schedule as long as we don't' deviate from it. Goes down around 12:30 and usually sleeps 2-3 hours. Still no break for me since that's when Parker wants my full attention. next year I hope to use that time to work on school with him. It will be my last year with him at home before he starts Kindergarten. I'm going to miss him but I think it will be so good for him.
always playing in the dirt. she loves to pull all the books off the shelve just like Parker did at this age. I don't think he outgrew that until he was about 2.5 years old.
We got lots of snow the end of February and beginning of March. The kids loved it, me not so much since I was stuck in the house.
She has 6 new teeth, they are growing in fast. She isn't great at eating her veggies but loves anything sweet. Who are we kidding...don't we all prefer sweet foods over vegetables! I have been making mini muffins with carrot and zucchini in them to get more vegetables in her. She does like a cauliflower soup I make and gobbles that right up. she would love to just eat crackers all day but that's frowned upon so I don't let her!
She is a talker! I am pretty impressed at how well she is communicating with us. She signs milk, more, please, tired or sleepy, and diaper change. She can say please, nose, teeth, hey, ball, hi, yes, what, and whee. possible more but I can't think of them now. She can shake her yes and no, she points to her nose, belly, ears, and diaper. She is good at telling us when she has gone poop, she starts hitting her diaper to let us know. Just recently she has started doing it we believe after she pees but we are just guessing. She may just hate having a diaper on is trying to see if we will take it off for her! silly girl!
She has gotten on a good sleep schedule as long as we don't' deviate from it. Goes down around 12:30 and usually sleeps 2-3 hours. Still no break for me since that's when Parker wants my full attention. next year I hope to use that time to work on school with him. It will be my last year with him at home before he starts Kindergarten. I'm going to miss him but I think it will be so good for him.
We enjoyed a trip to the science museum in March too! The kids love it there.
relaxing and picking her nose...such a lady!
The purple outfit Jenna is wearing on the Left was Ashley's when she was little. I am not sure how old Ashley was when she wore this outfit but its an 18 month outfit.
No comments:
Post a Comment