Saturday, January 10, 2015

Happy FIRST Birthday Jenna!

Its hard to believe that one year ago today I would be welcoming our baby girl into this world. I think of her birth-day often and it is a memory I hope to always remember so vividly. 


her birth slide show http://youtu.be/kR_K7JNst1o its PG!

Jenna is so special to us. Heavenly Father knew Blake needed a baby girl to spoil, and little did I know...I needed one to spoil too! What a great year we have had. It has been a wonderful blessing to wake up each day and see both my kids playing together. Without Jenna, I wouldn't get to witness this bond between her and Parker growing. He adores her and is so good to her! She is pretty fond of him too.


 Let me try to recap what she has been doing the last few weeks of all the milestones and silly things she has done.

 She still isn't walking and wont take more than 1-2 steps, and they are forced with bribery! yes, we are such cruel parents! She holds on to everything and walks that way, occasionally she lets go and you can see trying to walk crosses her mind. It never fails though she falls to the ground and crawls to her destination. I wonder when she will walk...

recently she started blowing, but more blowing up into her own face than out. regardless is still pretty cute! We have a birthday cake toy with candles that you can blow on and they blow out. She blows those out by putting her whole mouth on a candle and blowing. Once she feels better I hope she doesn't do that with a real candle! She likes to open her mouth wide open now and say "ahhh", and so off her freakishly long tongue. She has also started hanging her tongue out the side of her mouth in between her gums. I am guessing she is teething and it feels good. Silly little girl.


This little girl LOVES food. Its just a shame she still can't have dairy. She eats just about anything you put in front of her. She is a sneaky girl to. If I give her fruit or anything sweet tasting before I give her veggies she pretty much refuses them. So I have to be careful about that. When Jenna was about 3 months old she was spitting up a ton and had lots of tummy issues. I stopped eating dairy, which I ate daily and within 3 days I noticed a huge improvement. She was spitting up so much that each time I would need a new burp cloth. I still can't have dairy today, and if i slip up, the tummy ache she gets quickly reminds me to try really hard not to do it again. We tried to introduce eggs and she seemed ok but she did experience cold like allergy symptoms after so I will hold off and try again when she is back to her normal self.

She is talking much and I am not sure that she should be, she goes in for her check up Monday so I guess I will see. She says mama, dada, hi, buhbye, and uh oh. I think that's it. She gets so excited when Bake comes home for dinner on his work days and yells "hi dad" and throws her hand up in the air. She may not be saying much but she sure does know how to express herself! She is learning that if she yells or throws a fit she gets our attention. I have tried to teach her to sign but she isn't catching on. I am sure if I was more consistent she would be better. So for now she just whines at me. 

Right now she is going through a I want mommy only stage. If I am not home she usually crawls to our bedroom looking for me. If Blake is holding her and she sees me, she immediately reaches for me. She currently always wants to be held too. I have a love/hate relationship with this stage. I will admit its nice to be loved! She is a pretty great sleeper most of the time too. This week with her being sick not so much, but normally she stays up late like 10 or 11 then sleeps all night until about 8. sometimes later!



Her favorite toy is anything she can make into a phone. She got two phones for Christmas and they are always up to her ear! This girls loves to talk! I have a feeling we will have a very high phone bill one day!


This past week she has been sick. She got her first fever, had it for 2.5 days, then a stomach ache that followed with a rash. She is still asleep now but I hope she feels much better. She isn't allowed to be sick on her birthday. Hopefully next week once she is back to her normal self I can dress her up and get some 1 year pictures of her.

Jenna we love you so much. You have brought so much joy to our lives this year, and we can't wait to see what the next year has in store. Happy Birthday baby girl!

No comments: